Innovation day reflection

For innovation day we all researched electricity and made games with circuits. Before I started the innovation day project I was nervous because I didn’t understand circuits at all and we had to present in front of judges but I was excited to learn about circuits and electricity. 

For the project I went to a coffee shop with my dad because he is an electrician so we were basically doing a project about his job. After I did that I was surprised to realize that this isn’t actually that hard like I thought it would be and I wasn’t as nervous. 

For workspaces i found it was easier to make the game at home because at school i was constantly looking for resources whereas at home we already had a recycling bin full of stuff and we could always buy stuff if we didn’t have, but it was easier to research at school because at school there where quiet spaces were i could work whereas at home my parents kept thinking i was playing video games and i kept having to tell them i was doing work for school. 

One of the hardest things in the project was just starting. When you’re starting you can basically write anything but once you write something it narrows down what to write for everything else and makes it a little easier. I also had trouble thinking of a game but that was just because I blanked when trying to think of one. I think I need to learn how to work better with what I have and I think I improved a lot with managing my time. If i could redo it i think i would put more effort into my game because we were told not to spend all our time on the game but i spent like no time on the game.

When I presented it to my parents and the judges I felt kind of nervous but afterwards I thought I did pretty well and when I saw my score I was pretty happy with it. I think I did well overall and I got a good mark. I feel good about my project and that is my reflection. Here is the link to some pictures.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HZ7DN_tbAegO05T3qkCvv3ParyTIvAsqEVQXd3Jeph4/edit